Looking for OK State Fair deal? You're in the right place! The Oklahoma State Fair is a fun and festive time and there's something for everyone! With concerts, rides, food, and more, we know you won't want to miss the Oklahoma State Fair! Check out the information below to see how you can save on some of the more expensive things, such as admission and rides!
Who's ready for cinnamon rolls, Indian tacos, funnel cakes and corn dogs. Many times we head to the state fair for all the yummy food. let's not forget walking through all the buildings and riding rides. There is fun for the whole family!
In general, food at the fair runs about $7 and up per entree. A great way to save is to split items. So, ask for extra plates when you order. This not only saves a few dollars but you can also try more of those specialty items.
Moneysaving food hacks:
- Split an order- always ask for a few extra plates!
- Have several kids who are asking for cotton candy? Grab a family sized bag on your way home. These bags can easily be divided amongst 2-3 kids.
- Skip the individual drinks- we try to stick to just our water bottles at the fair. Not only is it hot, but the beverages are where you wil likely spend the most money. A soda will cost several dollars! If you must have that special beverage, consider one of the fair cups that you can get cheaper refills with, and get it early enough to refill at least once. They cost more money up front but on average you will spend less on each refill.
Outside Gate Admission Tickets
Get your advance outside gate admission tickets to the OK State Fair at the OKC Fairgrounds Box Office, online at okstatefair.com or by calling 405-948-6800. Public activities open at 10am.
Children 5 and under are FREE
If you're going to the fair during busy/popular hours, we highly recommend getting your tickets online or in advance. Why? On the opening day of the fair in the evening, the line actually stretched half way from the ticket booth to the main road!
It can be quite the wait. Those who had a pre printed ticket were able to wait in the gate check line (where they scan your ticket). It was a much faster process.
Advance Ticket Prices Are:
Adults (ages 12+): $8
Children (ages 6-11): $4
Season Passes: $25 *not available for purchase online, at OnCue, or MidFirst
– get them at the OK State Fair website!
Parking- What to Know:
Park in designated parking ONLY! It's not worth it to potentially have your car ticketed or towed. Parking is not allowed on roads. Parking has never been an issue for us, even on the busy days. Defnitely car pool for an easier parking experience. There are parking attendants that will wave you into a parking spot, so no guesswork on where to go. Pay attention to which direction traffic is flowing. Some roads are one way.
Parking is free but you can optionally pay $5 for preferred parking (most paved lots). If you have anyone who cannot walk far or lots of smaller children or a stroller, the preferred parking is worth it. We have done both over the years.
Buildings open at:
Sunday-Thursday: 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday-Saturday: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m
Unlimited Carnival Armbands
Here's our best hacks for saving on those expensive carnival rides!
- Get the arm band- individual rides cost several dollars EACH. So if your kiddo is set on riding those carnival rides, the arm band will pay for itself in just 4 rides or so!
- Before the fair- You can purchase an arm band for carnival rides at okstatefair.com or by calling 405-948-6800. They have flash sales each year. If you opt to purchase these online, they do charge a $1 convenience fee plus a processing fee of around $2.00. Call ahead or purchase at the fair to save that $3.00. So keep this in mind for future fair visits! Follow the OK State Fair on Facebook for notifications of flash sales. The sale price is usuallly $25 for an arm band, and includes admission.
- If you missed your chance at getting the advanced ticket pricing, order your Carnival arm band online for $20 plus fees. This is still a savings over purchasing them at the fair! You can go on one of the discounted days for the best savings!
Monday-Friday: Opens at 1 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday: Opens at 11 a.m.
Save Big at the Fair with These Special Discount Days
Thursday, September 15: Thrifty Thursday – $5 outside gate admission for everyone (children 5 and under FREE); $2 Little Book of BIG DEALS and ride all day armbands* for just $25!
Monday, September 19: Military Monday – All active duty, retired, veterans and their spouses (Military I.D. required) receive FREE outside gate admission and $5 Sky Eye Wheel ride tickets.
Tuesday, September 20: Pepsi $2 Tuesday – $2 outside gate admission, $2 Little Book of BIG DEALS, $2 each carnival ride*, and $2 Sky Eye Wheel ride tickets for everyone! No Pepsi can required!
Wednesday, September 21: Senior Day – FREE admission for senior citizens 55+ (I.D. required), $5 Sky Eye Wheel ride tickets.
Thursday, September 22: Thrifty Thursday – $5 outside gate admission for everyone (children 5 and under FREE), $2 Little Book of BIG DEALS, and ride all day armbands* for just $25!
*Some exclusions may apply. Not good on “non-mechanical special attractions.” — Via OKStateFair.com
We hope you have plenty of family fun at the OK State Fair this year, and hope this post can help save a few dollars and stretch your fair budget! Happy Fall!
- Top 5 things to Do in Crystal River, Florida
- Sanibel Island Shelling Beaches
- Restaurants Near Bricktown Oklahoma City Oklahoma
- Things to Do in Fredericksburg Texas
- Christmas in Chickasha, Oklahoma : Things to Do
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook Page
- Facebook Group
- Explore Oklahoma Facebook Group
- Hot Deals Group
- Recipe Group
- Homesteading Facebook Group
- Don't forget to invite your friend's to our Facebook groups! We would also love to see your vacation pictures!