Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Looking to plan your Disney Vacation soon? Check out what Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge has to offer.
I love staying at Disney Resorts when we plan our Disney vacations. They are all close to the parks and each one has unique options for your family depending on what you are looking to do or see. As part of my #MonkeyKingdomEvent trip I wanted to tell you a little more about why I love Animal Kingdom Lodge. We have stayed here quite a few times in the past and my family just loves it. I love being able to wake up in the morning, open the curtains and go out on the balcony to see the animals roaming as if it was my own backyard. Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge is Inspired by the traditional African kraal. It has 4 lush savannas that house over 200 hoofed animals and birds.
Not only can you see some amazing animals, but the lodge offers so many fun and educational programs as well. The lodge is like a destination itself. When you walk into the lodge be sure and pick up a program guide that will have a complete list of activities during your stay such as nature talks, childrens activities and more.
Reader Tip from Patrick S.: While there is an added cost compared to a regular view room, if you’re planning on spending downtime back at the resort while staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge, the Savanna View rooms never disappoint. (this is a photo from their room)
So what all does Animal Kingdom Lodge have to offer? Check this out:
The Pool –
Escape to an 11,000-square-foot pool with an exciting waterslide and gently sloping, zero-depth entry point similar to that of a natural watering hole. Surrounded by large canopy trees and Floridian palms, Uzima Pool includes a children’s wading pool and 2 whirlpool spas.
You can also cool off at Samawati Springs Pool, which offers a thrilling waterslide, 2 whirlpool spas and Uwanja Camp—an animal observation site-themed water playground with squirting Venus flytraps, a rope bridge, water cannons and more. Samawati Springs Pool is located just a short walk away at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village.
Night Safari –
Climb aboard a safari vehicle at night and put on a pair of night goggles. You are in for a treat as you experience seeing the animals in a whole new way.
Supervised Children’s Activity Center –
At Simba’s Clubhouse, kids 3 to 12 years of age can play games, have dinner and snacks, make crafts, watch Disney movies and make new friends—while parents enjoy an evening to themselves.
They also offer :
- Campfire Activities
- Free Wi-fi
Be sure and check out Monkey Kingdom now playing in theaters everywhere.
The Best Disney Souvenirs to Buy for Your Vacation:
- Disney Hand Sanitizer Holders
- Disney Autograph Books
- Disney Light up Wands
- Disney Luggage Tags
- Mickey Ears
- Disney Tote Bag
- Disney Backpack
- Disney Trading Pins
- Disney Lanyards
- Disney T-shirts
Sign up for Fetch Rewards and earn FREE GIFT CARDS for Southwest Airlines, Delta, Hotels.com, Uber and more to use on your vacation just by scanning your grocery receipts. Download the app and USE CODE: EF9PC and get 2,000 bonus points.
Family Destinations & Articles You Should Check Out
- Branson Mo Roller Coasters: The Fast and The Furious
- Visit the Arbuckle Mountains and Turner Falls Oklahoma
- Free Printable License Plate Game : Road Trip Games in the Car
- Traveling Tips for Visiting LEGOLAND Florida
- Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana
- Travel to Dog Friendly Orlando Florida
- Pretend Play for Kids : Free Printable Travel Set
- 5 Teen Friendly Attractions in OKC
- 10 Disney Vacation Tips You Need to Know
- Travel Gatlinburg – Theme Parks and Attractions
- Free Printable Road Trip Budget Planner
- Visit Old MacDonald’s Farm
- Great Wolf Lodge & Holiday Inn Review
- Things to Do in Branson with Kids
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook Page
- Facebook Group
- Explore Oklahoma Facebook Group
- Hot Deals Group
- Recipe Group
- Homesteading Facebook Group
- Don't forget to invite your friend's to our Facebook groups! We would also love to see your vacation pictures!