10 Best Road Trip Tips For Kids
One way a lot of folks are interested in saving money and time, is on family travel. If this is you, check out these 10 best road trip tips for kids that I've come up with!
First and foremost, plan to make several stops. When you stop for lunch make sure there's a play area for them to play on. One of our favorite things to do on road trips with the kids is to have them run laps. They love it and they get some pent up energy out!
10 Best Road Trip Tips For Kids:
- Use suction cup shower caddies to hold supplies. This is a great place to keep crayons, snacks, and small toys within arms reach.
2. Make a travel kit binder. This idea works best for younger school-age children. This can keep them busy for hours and will also keep all those loose papers in 1 place. Click the link to get over 150 free printables!
3. Make individual travel snack boxes using empty baby wipe containers. A great way to keep the snacks in 1 place and will also (hopefully!) keep them from fighting over snacks!
4. Make a matching pole for each child. This is super cheap and super easy to put together and great for younger kids! If they don't know their letters yet just use shapes instead.
5. Put together a portable lego kit. Not only will this keep them busy, it will also make them think and use their brains (and they won't even know it!!). Click the link to print free activity cards.
6. Bring a few packages of window gel clings. The kids will have a blast sticking them on the windows and taking them off again and you won't have to worry about a sticky mess being left behind! Window markers would also be a hit!
7. Download some fun, new apps on the phones/tablets. They will more than likely want to get on their electronics at some point during the trip and this way they'll have something new to keep them occupied for awhile.
8. Give each kid a cookie sheet activity tray. These will come in handy for putting puzzles together, coloring, playing games, reading, eating lunch, etc!
9. Go to your local library and check out a few books on CD (and maybe even a few movies if you have a portable DVD player). When you just need some quiet, pop one in and enjoy the silence while everyone listens.
10. Don't let traveling with kids worry you! Just make sure you take time to prepare by using some of the tips in this post. What are some of your favorite tips for traveling with kids?
Don't Miss This:
50 Camping Hacks You Wish You Knew
Family Destinations & Articles You Should Check Out
- Branson Mo Roller Coasters: The Fast and The Furious
- Visit the Arbuckle Mountains and Turner Falls Oklahoma
- Free Printable License Plate Game : Road Trip Games in the Car
- Traveling Tips for Visiting LEGOLAND Florida
- Nickelodeon Resort Punta Cana
- Travel to Dog Friendly Orlando Florida
- Pretend Play for Kids : Free Printable Travel Set
- 5 Teen Friendly Attractions in OKC
- 10 Disney Vacation Tips You Need to Know
- Travel Gatlinburg – Theme Parks and Attractions
- Free Printable Road Trip Budget Planner
- Visit Old MacDonald’s Farm
- Great Wolf Lodge & Holiday Inn Review
- Things to Do in Branson with Kids
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook Group
- Explore Oklahoma Facebook Group
- Hot Deals Group
- Recipe Group
- Homesteading Facebook Group
- Don't forget to invite your friend's to our Facebook groups! We would also love to see your vacation pictures!