Sun Care Tips: Smart Sunscreen Use with CVS
More Frugal Tips /The Royal Family/From Our Readers /Guest Post
Disclosure: I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy for this springtime campaign. I am being sponsored by CVS/pharmacy for my posts and activities, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.
Summer is almost here and that means you and your littles ones will be spending lots of time outdoors. While enjoying the outdoors, it's very important to make sure you are protected. We spent some time at the beach this year and hand a blast looking for sea shells, we applied sunscreen that we bought at CVS, however we got so distracted that we forgot to reapply our sunscreen. CVS has pretty much everything you need to protect you , they even have after sun care. I don't want you to make the same mistake I did, so today we are providing you with some sun care tips.
Sun Care Tips: Smart Sunscreen Use:
- Get a head start on the sun.
- Apply sunscreen 15 minutes before you are exposed to the sun.
- Don't skimp on sunscreen.
- Use it liberally and apply it evenly over all exposed skin to ensure complete coverage. Reapply as directed.
- Cover all the bases.
- It's easy to overlook spots like the ears, neck, and shoulders, but they need sunscreen too. Remember to grab a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses and to seek shade when the sun is most intense.
- Follow the numbers.
- SPF tells you the level of protection a sunscreen provides from sunburn. Use sunscreen with broad spectrum SPF 15 or higher whenever you'll be outdoors.
- Reapply, reapply, reapply.
- Apply another coat of sunscreen as needed, at least every 2 hours- and be sure to reapply after swimming, sweating, vigorous activity or toweling off.
- Select water resistant sunscreens that can keep up with kids.
- Use water resistant sunscreens with broad spectrum SPF 30 or higher, and look for products that are quick and easy to apply to squirmy kids. (Keep babies under six months of age out of the sun and consult a doctor before applying sunscreen.)
Subscribe to our blog for subscribers only contests and deals.
Don't forget to download the ConsumerQueen.com Savings Toolbar.