Looking for Deals for Disney World? We have been fortunate to get to go to Disney a few times and so I thought it would be nice to do a post on Money Saving Disney Tips in Orlando for those of you who might be planning a future trip.
Deals for Disney World – Money Saving Disney Tips at Disney Parks:
Always remember to start at the back of the park and work your way forward. You will find the lines are not as long and by the time you are worn out and ready to go home you will be at the front of the park. Today we are going to discus Deals for Disney World as well as tips to help you navigate the parks.
Reservations for Disney World
Disney World implemented a Park Pass reservation system to manage individual park capacity. You need to reserve your chosen parks in advance if you plan on visiting more than one day, especially during holidays and weekends OR when Disney’s Hollywood Studios is open (which it isn’t right now). We cannot stress this enough—the chances that all of these will be available go down drastically as they become full since guests who haven’t purchased yet are already admitted first! This is expected to stay until 2023.
- You will want to know how much are Disney World tickets? Did you know that you can save money by buying your tickets all at once. The longer you stay the less you pay.You can expect to pay around $90.53 for a one day ticket and will expire 14 days after you purchase it. For 7 days your cost would be around $284.36.
- Park Hopper Option: when you add this option it allows you to come and go from the park as you please through any of the 4 parks( Disney Hollywood Studios,Epcot, Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom.
Tips to Save Money on Disney World – Magic Kingdom:
- Must do rides are: Space Mountain,Splash Mountain
- Get baby’s first haircut at Magic Kingdom and they will give you a set of ears and a certificate!
- Ask about premium Fireworks seating
Tips to Save Money on Disney World – Typhoon Lagoon:
- They have the largest wave pool that I know of that makes a huge tidal wave come at you that you can ride. It almost reminds you of a Tsunami coming at you. (This is a must do)
- Bring your own towels or rent one for $2 for the day. They also have locker rentals.
Tips to Save Money on Disney World – Animal Kingdom:
- Must Do rides: The Safari, Kali River rapids and Expedition Everest
- We love the Pizzafari there where you can get a personal pizza and a ceaser salad.
- Do the safari in the morning when the animals will be out and more active. Make sure you have a good zoom for pictures.
- Dinosaur is a great ride but be careful it’s a rough ride.
Tips to Save Money on Disney World – Epcot:
- Must Do Rides: Soarin,Spaceship Earth and Test Track. fast Passes run out fast at these rides so get them quick.
- Have Dinner at the World Showcase and watch the fireworks. Ask about premium Fireworks seating at Morocco. (Bring chairs)
Tips to Save Money on Disney World – Disney Hollywood Studios:
- Must Do Rides: Rockin Roller Coaster (single line is faster),Tower of Terror and Toy Story
- Try out for the American Idol Experience. I actually made it on stage to perform!
- Fantasmic Fireworks Display is a must see.
What to Bring:
- Battery operated fan or spritzer. You can bring your own. They cost a fortune at the park.Like $14.95.(Also look for ones at the Disney Store for around $5.00)
- Hat and Sunglasses
- Comfortable backpack
- Poncho they are only .99 at Walmart and cost a fortune at the parks.
- ziplock bags
- fanny pack
- Comfortable shoes and clothes
- Hand Sanitizer
Good Eats :
- Did you know you can bring your own food and snacks into the park?
- I recommend doing the Family dining Plan. It saves you a lot of money and you takes a lot of stress of of you.
- Most walk up eating places will give you free ice water which beats paying almost $3 for bottled water.
Weather for Disney world
The best time to visit Orlando is from March through May. That’s the month you’ll find most pleasant weather (high 50s-80 degrees) and inexpensive prices on travel or lodging, except during holiday weekends and school recess periods when it can get much more expensive!
- You will want to bring a comfortable backpack. Even better if it is a rolling one.
- Take advantage of Fast Pass Tickets, if you miss your time , don’t worry most parks will still let you use the pass passed the expiration time. (This is not a guarantee and will be YMMV)
- Check in on FourSquare for awesome deals as you visit each park.
- Use apps like Disney Mobile Magic ,Disney World Maps,Wait Watchers,Lines App and Under Cover Tourist.
- Take advantage of those refillable mugs at the parks.
- Book your Character Breakfast ahead of time! Especially Cinderella’s Table which takes you inside Cinderella’s castle.
- Make copies of the back of your park tickets in case you lose them.
- Buy extra pin backs for Pin Trading. To save on Pin Trading buy the bigger packs which cost you less per pin then just trade for the ones you want.
- Go to the parks early then go back to the hotel in the afternoon, take a nap and head for another park and dinner.
- If your staying at a Disney Resort, talk to your concierge. You will be surprised what tickets and shows they can get you. they have “Magic Fingers”.
- You can also stay at 1 of Disney’s 4 Value Resorts, Pop Century,All Star Sports, All Star Music and All Star Movies.Pop Century does not share a bus with any other resort and is much quieter.
- Buses: Complimentary transportation is available one hour prior to Disney Theme Park opening times and up to one hour after Disney Theme Park closing times.Additionally, buses operate until 3:00 a.m. from the Downtown Disney area. More info on Transportation.
- Animal Kingdom only has paper straws so bring your own if your kids do not like them. My kids thought they were weird but used them anyway.
- Don’t forget to use the Photo pass option for great looking photos and you won’t have to lug that camera around all day.
What Deals for Disney World or Tips do you have to share? Post them here to the blog!
- How to Plan a Vacation on a Budget
- Amazing Restaurants Near Elkhart Lake WI
- Family Camp DVD Giveaway
- Things to Do in Branson with Kids
- Camping at Sequoyah National Park Oklahoma
Click the link to find out 10 Tips to Disney World You Need to Know when planning your next Disney vacation with your family.
We have delicious news to share … the Disney mobile order service is officially available at select Disney Resort Hotels.