Holland America Line Adds 2023 Grand Africa Voyage
Looking to explore Africa in depth? Holland America Line has just announced a new Grand Africa Voyage that will take passengers on a journey around the continent, offering plenty of opportunities for sightseeing and learning about the unique cultures and landscapes. If you're interested in this epic voyage, keep reading to find out more!
Seattle, Wash., Sept. 7, 2022 — On Holland America Line’s Grand Africa Voyage, wanderlusters can go in search of Africa’s “Big Five” and experience a diverse collection of cultures across the vast continent — all without international air travel from the United States or with a convenient flight from Canada. Grand Africa is among the newest additions to Holland America Line’s collection of longer cruises, giving guests another way to see the world from their doorstep.
In 2023, the Grand Africa Voyage returns for a 73-day sojourn on board Zuiderdam roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Departing Oct. 10, 2023, guests will explore 26 ports in 22 countries and territories with four overnight calls, including two nights at Cape Town, South Africa. Numerous safari and wilderness opportunities highlight the journey.
“Our guests like to explore the world in the comfort of a Holland America Line cruise, and our Grand Voyages allow them to travel internationally, while departing from domestic ports,” said Beth Bodensteiner, chief commercial officer of Holland America Line. “Our Grand Africa Voyage focuses on this one region, so our guests are able to have a complete cultural immersion into the African lifestyle. From shore excursions that best showcase each port to menus that feature local cuisine and wines, we want our guests to return home feeling like their cruise was delivered in the most authentic way.”
2023 Grand Africa Voyage Highlights
Africa is a continent of countless splendors and awe-inspiring experience. Travelers on the Grand Africa Voyage are in for an adventure full of golden vistas, rolling grasslands and pristine beauty. Wonder at the incredible wildlife on safari, savor the finest wines in South Africa, marvel at the imperial cities in the north and take in the incredible flora and fauna.
- 73 days. Departs Oct. 10, 2023, sailing roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale aboard Zuiderdam on a clockwise navigation around the continent.
- 4 overnight calls: Aqaba, Jordan; Cape Town, South Africa (two nights); Zanzibar, Tanzania; and Victoria, Seychelles.
- 6 evening departures: San Juan, Puerto Rico; Souda, Crete; Safaga, Egypt; Richards Bay, South Africa; Walvis Bay, Namibia; and Cape Town.
- 26 ports in 22 countries and territories, in the order of calls: Portugal, Spain, Morocco, Tunisia, Greece, Egypt, Jordan, Seychelles, Tanzania, Mayotte, Madagascar, Mozambique, South Africa, Namibia, Angola, Ghana, Ivory Coast, The Gambia, Senegal, Cape Verde, Puerto Rico.
- A memorable daylight transit of the Suez Canal en route to Aqaba for the opportunity to travel to the Lost City of Petra.
- Safari and wildlife opportunities include Victoria Falls National Park, Namib Rand Nature Reserve, Etosha Game Reserve, Abuko Nature Reserve, Jozani Forest Reserve, Bandia Wildlife Reserve, Lokobe National Park, the Black Lemur Sanctuary, Kruger National Park, and Zulu Nyala Private Game Reserve.
- Two full days at Cape Town, South Africa, to explore Table Mountain, Nelson Mandela's prison cell, Chapman's Peak Drive, Cape Winelands and more.
- Two shorter segments are available: 46 days from Fort Lauderdale to Cape Town and 27 days from Cape Town to Fort Lauderdale.
A Grand Onboard Experience
On a Grand Voyage, evening shipboard activities shine with local cultural entertainment and special guest headliners. Festive gala evenings and balls create memorable moments, along with an exclusive Captain’s Grand Voyage Dinner for full-cruise guests. Dining is elevated to a new level on each Grand Voyage with menus that change daily and are seldom repeated, featuring local ingredients and regional cuisine.
Grand Voyage Early Booking Benefits
Guests who book the full 73-day Grand Africa Voyage by Feb. 24, 2023, receive 3% savings off the cruise-only fare, along with amenities valued at up to $4,110 per person. Perks for verandah and select ocean-view staterooms include onboard spending money up to $400 per person, prepaid crew recognition (gratuities), luggage delivery service to and from Fort Lauderdale for two pieces, initial in-suite liquor setup, a complimentary shore excursion and a welcome bottle of sparkling wine. Suites also receive onboard spending money up to $1,000 per person, unlimited luggage delivery service to and from Fort Lauderdale and a Signature Internet Package.
Additional upcoming Grand Voyages include the 2022 Grand Africa Voyage, 2023 and 2024 Grand World Voyages, 2023 Grand South America and Antarctica Voyage and 2024 Grand Australia and New Zealand Voyage.
For more information about Holland America Line, consult a travel advisor, call 1-877-SAIL HAL (877-724-5425) or visit hollandamerica.com.
- Things To Do in Lexington VA
- What to Pack for a Dog on a Road Trip
- Oklahoma City Zoo Membership Deals And Event Info
- Best Scottsdale Resorts for Families
- 3J Farms – Grain Silo AirBNB in Blanchard Oklahoma
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- Facebook Group
- Explore Oklahoma Facebook Group
- Hot Deals Group
- Recipe Group
- Homesteading Facebook Group
- Don't forget to invite your friend's to our Facebook groups! We would also love to see your vacation pictures!