Planning a trip to Branson? Check out these Branson Mo Hotels and Branson Vacation Tips that will save you money and more.
After our trip to Branson many of you asked for some tips on where to go, what to do and how to save money. I thought I would give a few tips that I found once we got there.
Book Your Travel:
Book your travel ahead of time. If you go through the Travel & Tourism they can give you a family pkg. deal which seems to be a lot cheaper. DO NOT book a hotel on HWY 76. This highway is always backed up with traffic. On our first trip we stayed on the Shepherd of the Hills Pkwy. We stayed at the Classic Motor Inn which was nothing fancy but we didn’t stay much in the rooms and the staff was so friendly. They all had free breakfast in the morning as well as free popcorn and snacks in the evening.
On our 2nd trip we stayed at one of the fun Branson Mo Hotels Grand Country Inn water park. They have a lot of family deals and packages. The water park has 2 slides, lazy river, and more. In addition to the water park they have the “Fun Spot” which includes laser tag, black light mini golf, arcade and more! You definitely won’t go hungry during your stay at the have a huge buffet as well as a pizza & custard place. Interested in learning more?
The only complaint we had was there is a little bar across the street from the hotel that likes to play loud music at night and we were able to hear that in our room. Click the link to book your stay.
There is so much to do in Branson that I recommend a longer stay. We didn’t have enough time to do the things we wanted to do.
Silver Dollar City:
Silver Dollar City has something for everyone. You can watch a blacksmith work, glass blower make beautiful pieces of art and get your very own handmade basket. There are tons of shops and great places to eat. I recommend going when they open because traffic backs up big time. Once your inside though it’s not that big of a deal. We even went on a Holiday weekend and once we got inside most of the folks were there for the shows so we hardly had to wait in line for the rides.
Most Popular Rides:
- The Powder Keg -This is one Scary roller coaster.
- Outlaw Run
- Wild Fire
Click here for more info about Silver Dollar City.
Shepherd of the Hills & Noahs Ark:
These two plays are a must see and your kids will love it. This is the last year for Noah’s Ark and then Joseph will be playing. Shepherd of the Hills is a great story and your kids are invited to come down during intermission and square dance as well as participate in a frog jumping contest.
This is the only ride thru cave in the USA and there are only 4 totals ride thru caves in the world.You will see sites that will amaze you like the Hall of Giants! This is definitely a stop you won’t want to miss. More info on Fantastic Caverns.
Adventure Zip Lines of Branson:
If you have a taste for excitement you definitely need to check out Adventure Ziplines. Our Zipline team was amazing and I have to tell you I was pretty scared, but by the end I was ziplining upside down! OH YEAH! They have 7 zip lines that zip along speeds up to 50mph! The staff was really great with the kids and I can assure you that safety is of the great most important to them. Adventure Ziplines of Branson is located within the city limits and is very easy to get to. Want to beat the heat? Adventure Ziplines of Branson offer zip lining at night 7 days a week!
The Castle of Chaos & Hannah’s Maze of Mirrors: These two attractions are in the same building together and connected to the wax museum. First of all this was recommended by my cousin Rachel who absolutely adores Branson. When I thought house of mirrors I thought, oh yeah another carnival adventure. I assure you this is NO CARNIVAL ADVENTURE! We actually got lost in the maze LOL. It was the best mirror maze I have ever been in. We even went in a 2nd time and raced boys against girls.
Savings & Tips:
- Stay away from Branson Mo Hotels on HWY 67 as much as possible, it’s very crowded
- Go early to Silver Dollar City as soon as the park opens and do the rides you want to first.
- Booking through Travel & Tourism (Chamber of Commerce) gets you 2 days for the price of 1 at Silver Dollar City, they also have some awesome coupon books.
- Bring your own ponchos they are only .99 at Walmart (in case of rain)
- Look for coupon books at Branson Mo Hotels for dining coupons. Just about every hotel has them.
- The Hilton is located downtown with lots of shops and may be a fun place to stay.
- Coupons for attractions.
- Facebook Fan Vanessa J. says you should see “Spirit of the Dance”
- Facebook Fan Sarah V. Says “As a local, I say know how to get where you are going before you leave, be ready for heavy traffic around show times, be flexible, relax and have fun! There is one fudge shop in the Grand Country complex that gives samples, and there is another one on the Landing. And check out Dicks 5&10 downtown if you have time, my kids love going there, and it’s the same as it always been.”
- In Silver Dollar City stop at the Porkrind stand for a free sample.
- Facebook Fan Kacie says “Viewing a timeshare can be boring but it’s a great way to get free show tickets and restaurant gift cards”
Do you have a tip to share? Send us email at [email protected] and we will add it!
Disclosure: We received some items comped to allow us to check out Branson. All thoughts and opinions are my own.